This blog will document the restoration of Cape Dory Typhoon (Weekender) Hull #1044. The Cape Dory Typhoon is a great sailing small-scale 'yacht', and offers a very friendly experience for her captain and crew. The scope of this restoration project will be painting the interior, deck and topsides, as well as fabricating new teak brightwork.

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Third Coat CabinTop & Companionway Slide Hatch


February 13, 2018


Arrived home and went straight at sanding the cabin top.  I sanded with 400-grit, vacuumed the surfaces and then wiped them down with a rag dampened with solvent.  The paint was catalyzing while I prepped the surface, and once I wrapped up the prep work I was ready to thin the paint.

With gear in hand, I made my way back over to Joule, and began paint application.  I did have an overhead light rigged in the "paint booth", but I switched it off before ducking back in to snap this photo.

There's another two coats to apply to the cabin top and sides, and then brightwork and hardware installation begin!


Total Time Today:  1.5 hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment