This blog will document the restoration of Cape Dory Typhoon (Weekender) Hull #1044. The Cape Dory Typhoon is a great sailing small-scale 'yacht', and offers a very friendly experience for her captain and crew. The scope of this restoration project will be painting the interior, deck and topsides, as well as fabricating new teak brightwork.

Monday, February 26, 2018

Final Coat Nonskid Deck Paint


February 26, 2018


I wanted to finish off the deck's nonskid application tonight in order to continue with installation of the foredeck mushroom vent, new Spartan Marine deadlights, and the coaming boards - BIG final additions to the reassembly of Joule!

So, I grabbed a change of clothes, a Scotch Brite pad, the shop vac, and solvent...headed over to Joule and got to work.  I scuffed the surface with the Scotch Brite pad, and then vacuumed the sanding debris from the decks.  I then wiped the surfaces down with solvent to remove the remaining contaminates.

Back in the shop, I prepared the painting tools and poured a few ounces of the nonskid paint in a tray.  I worked my way around Joule from the starboard decks to the port decks, which completed the task of painting nonskid on the side and foredecks.



Total Time Today:   .75 hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment